1. If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected, please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
2. As you partner with us in the work of the Kingdom, please place your gifts and offerings in the Get Connected pillars.
3. We welcome Jon Christman and his family to Leidy’s Church. Jon is a son of Shepherd of the Hills Church in Bechtelsville. He is a graduate of Notre Dame, Duke University Law School, and a graduate of Westminster Theological Seminary.
4. Thank you to everyone who helped with VBS! We served over 40 children from Leidy’s Church and the surrounding area. Thank you for your prayers and support. We couldn’t have done it without you!
5. The O.A.S.I.S. Amish Dinner in Lancaster is set for Thursday, September 7th at 12 noon. Cost for meal is $18 per person. Sign up is on the wall by the elevator. Last day to sign up is August 27th.
6. Confirmation Class will begin in early September. Pastor Niederhaus will be teaching the class. For youth who have not been part of the class previously, but would like to join now, please contact the church office. There may be one or two adult slots still open – if interested, speak with Pastor Niederhaus.
7. There will be a Prayer Meeting this Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 in the Fellowship Hall. All are welcome to attend.
8. Currently, there are two part-time positions open at Leidy’s Church. If interested, job descriptions for both the Office Manager and Worship Leader positions can be found at leidyschurch.org/jobs/
9. The Talent Show to benefit the 2024 Night to Shine at Leidy’s Church takes place on Friday, August 18th, at 6 pm in the Fellowship Hall. Tickets to attend are $5 per person, and concessions are available for purchase during the show. All proceeds go directly towards this event! If you would like to donate a baked good to be part of the concession sales at the Talent Show to benefit this year’s Night to Shine, please sign your name on the sheet posted in the narthex. You will be contacted with details. Thanks!
10. There will be a congregation meeting after the service of worship on August 27th. The purpose of the meeting will be to vote on two new members of consistory to take the place of Tim Leidy and Jim Kinney who will be going off consistory.
11. To our family at Leidy’s Church, thank you so much for your heartfelt prayers and support to us during the passing of our brother Gary. God showed mercy on him by calling him home, relieving him of his pain and suffering. He is now enjoying the promises outlined in Scripture to all those He called believing in Him. God Bless you all. The Merritt family.
12. The flowers are given by Gerald, Sherry, Blaine, Nicole, Tyler, Liam, Cooper, and Annalee in loving memory of Brandon.