- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- As you partner with us in the work of the Kingdom, please place your gifts and offerings in the Get Connected pillars.
- Here We Stand, a conference celebrating essentials of the Christian life, is coming to Proclamation Presbyterian Church on April 28-30. Contact the office if interested in joining the group going. Cost is $95.
- If you or someone you know is interested in being the Office Manager of Leidy’s Church, please contact email@example.com.
- We will be celebrating Holy Communion this morning. Please take time to examine your hearts in preparation for the celebration of the Lord’s Supper.
- The SLMT auction is approaching rapidly. April 22nd is just around the corner. A table in the narthex displays some of the items that will be auctioned off that evening. Take a peek at them. Also, consider what you might provide to be auctioned off. Then plan to be present for a night of fun, food, fellowship, spirited bidding, and surprises galore.
- There will be a congregational meeting on Sunday, April 23rd after the worship service.
- Thank you, Denise! Please join us in the Fellowship Hall on Sunday, May 7th, to say thank you to Denise Kulp for her time in service to Leidy’s Church as head of the office staff. And for the many ways she’s brightened our days in that role. The lunch will follow the service that Sunday, and we hope you join us.
- Learn the art of conversations that lead to the gospel. A Cojourners Conference featuring Nate Sims will be at East Swamp Church on Monday evening, April 24th, from 6:30 to 8:30. The conference is free. Go to CoJourner Gospel-Centered Conversation Training - East Swamp Church (churchcenter.com) to register.
- New Women’s Sunday School Class begins next Sunday. Come join us in the book of James that offers the encouragement and challenge of walking out an authentic faith.
- Our Rummage Room is bursting at the seams! Please hold your items until the week of the sale which is May 8th. Thank you.
- There is just one week left to fill out your invitations to RSVP for the Ladies Tea being held on Saturday, May 6th at 11:00. come join us for a nice time of food, fellowship and a fun and encouraging message from Marion Gehman.
- Bakers are needed for the SLMT Auction. You may bring your baked item on Friday, April 21 or the morning of the auction. Thanks.
- Flowers are placed in all praise and glory to our risen Savior!
Please pray for those within our church family.
- Brian Lefty
- Donna Frueh
- Janice Kulp
- Janie Inyang
- John Schilling
- Karen Focht
- Marj Talbot
- Roger Jones
- Sandy Derr
- Sherman Focht
- Tim Cressman
- Terry Leidy
Gospel Gleaning Prayer Pointer
- Easter is a celebration of the triumph of God and of His gospel. Jesus was despised and rejected of men. He was regarded as the worst of the outcasts. Hanging on the cross, He uttered those famous words from Psalm 22: My God, My God! Why have You forsaken Me? This was both a cry of despair and a cry of hope. Jesus knew how Psalm 22 ends. It ends in triumph. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will worship before You. For the kingdom is the Lord’s and He rules over the nations. The Erukula people in India are among the despised, the untouchables. Yet many have been born again over the past three or four years. In the light of Easter, perhaps Psalm 119:141 will be a good verse to use in praying for them this week. I am small and despised, Yet I do not forget Your precepts.
- Pray for the Small Business Directors’ Training that will take place in Niger April 12-19. Disciples will be trained to teach others business skills to start their own small businesses that will support their ministries. The trained disciples are challenged to choose a business that brings people to them as they receive coaching from an experienced mentor. They then share the gospel in natural ways through their business interactions. New churches emerge as the disciples do business in their communities. Church planters are able to provide for their families, pay school fees for their children, and they pass on their new business skills to their new church members, helping others rise out of poverty and share the good news of Jesus - making disciples who will make disciples. For you recall, brethren, our labor and hardship, how working night and day so as not to be a burden to any of you, we proclaimed to you the gospel of God. [1 Thess. 2:9]
- April 22: SLMT Auction
- April 29 & 30: God Squad Performance
- May 6: Ladies of Leidy's Tea
- May 10 & 11: Rummage Sale
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org