- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- We celebrate God’s faithfulness in 2022. We are excited about 2023. January 15 is going to be Vision Sunday. Come and join us.
- Wednesday Central and iBlast are starting January 11. Please register at leidyschurch.org/Wednesday.
- Help is Needed: Wednesday Central Kitchen Committee is in need of another “Co-lead”. Would help with planning meals for the semester ahead of time as well as prep and service on Wednesday nights. Talk with either Tony Kapusta or Wendy Radcliff if interested.
- If you are the treasurer of an organization within the church, your financial information should be turned into the office by noon on 30th.
- Offering envelopes for 2023 are in boxes. If you are not a member but would like envelopes please contact the church office.
- The Congregational Dinner takes place on Saturday, January 14th. You can sign up via the web site, there are also slips on the desk and a basket to place it. At this meeting a budget will be adopted for 2023.
- Those who are part of the SLMT-Puerto Rico mission effort are in the process of raising support in terms of dollars and in terms of prayer partners. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
Janie Inyang Tim Cressman Marj Talbot
Bonnie Doran Dianne Nase Janice Kulp
Sherman Focht Karen Focht Jim Eakins
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- It’s Christmas Day and Christmas week! Hallelujah! Just as the Babe of Bethlehem was born in such meager, austere surroundings, so is the Lord Jesus born anew into the lives of folk from the Erukula people group in India. Their circumstances are often meager and austere. But, just the Babe of Bethlehem changed everything, so does the Lord Jesus born into their hearts change everything for them. For our prayer focus this week we will use Psalm 119:32 which contains a wonderful truth. I shall run the way of Your commandments, for You will enlarge my heart.That makes all the difference in the world! Regardless of their circumstances, the Lord Jesus will guide them into His ways and His paths. Glory be to God! May it be so among us as well.
- Praise the Lord for recent growth into new countries in Northern Africa. In recent years the mission of Global Disciples has spread from Chad/Niger to Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote D’Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, and Senegal. In the coming weeks we will focus prayer on each of these countries. This week, let’s pray for Benin. 31.6% of Benin’s 13 million population identify as Christians. Pray that this nation will become a mission-sending country to the difficult areas of northern Africa that are predominantly Muslim. Currently, there are two active church clusters each running a Global Disciples Training and sending their own people as missionaries to least-reached areas. Pray that believers in Benin will finish the task of taking the gospel to the 13 unreached people groups in Benin representing 2.5 million people. Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day. Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples. [1 Chronicles 16:23-24]
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org