- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- Night to Shine is February 10th. We are welcoming 150 special needs folks to the church for an evening of fun and fellowship. We need your help as buddies, set-up team, parking lot team, welcome team, limo team, respite and a whole lot more. Go to leidyschurch.nighttoshine.com or contact the church office.
- There is still time to join Wednesday Central and iBlast. Please go to leidyschurch.org to register as kids spend the term looking at wisdom and the adults look at gospel work, gospel family, gospel assurance and gospel prayer.
- Life is full of highs and lows. At times it can seem overwhelming. God has given us a songbook for the warp and woof of life. The Ladies Sunday School class is looking at the Psalms, they meet in Room 125.
- As you partner with us in the work of the Kingdom, please place your gifts and offerings in the Get Connected pillars.
- Auction Donation Forms are in your mailbox. Now is the time to consider what you would like to provide for the SLMT Auction that takes place in April. Read the February Newsletter for more details.
- Thank you from Beth Guntz to the Leidy’s Church family for the prayers, cards, phone calls, and meals during her recent hospitalization and illness.
- Men’s Bible Study this Friday morning at 5:30 in the Youth Room.
- Wanted Gently Used Bras (including sports, nursing and camisoles) Why bras? There is a strong demand for used clothing in poorer countries. They are easy to store but complex to make, so they don’t compete with local goods. You can help bring freedom to survivors of sex trafficking. There is a box in the coat closet where you may place them.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
Janie Inyang Tim Cressman Marj Talbot
Bonnie Doran Dianne Nase Janice Kulp
Sherman Focht Karen Focht Jim Pluda
Laurie Plank Donna Frueh Sandy Deer
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Cultural intimidation is a reality. The elites of a society can push an agenda that demeans or casts doubts on what regular folk think and how they behave. Today, Christians around the world experience that reality whether in China or the US or Venezuela or the United Kingdom or in India. The Erukula folk who have become Christians experience it as well. Non-believers deride their adherence to the Bible, mock the reality of the new birth, and throw shade on their belief in forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Consequently, let’s use Psalm 119:23 to launch our prayers for the Erukula Christians this week. Even though princes sit and talk against me, Your servant meditates on Your statutes. May that mark the Erukula Christians and Leidy’s Church Christians as well.
- Significant training events the past three weeks have taken place in Chad and Niger. Leaders from various churches and regions were gathered together to consider how best to train and equip those who feel called to take the gospel to unreached people groups. It is a highlight of the year for attendees. Now, however, they must go back to their home churches and put in practice what they learned. Usually, that proves a bit more difficult than was imagined while taking the training! Let’s pray for those “equipped” leaders to be able to communicate effectively to those who sense a call to go out and live among an unreached group in order to bring the Gospel to them. May their labors be effective and fruitful. You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain. [John 15:16]
- February 10: Night to Shine
- April 22, 2023: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org