- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- As you partner with us in the work of the Kingdom, please place your gifts and offerings in the Get Connected pillars.
- Here We Stand, a conference celebrating essentials of the Christian life, is coming to Proclamation Presbyterian Church on April 28-30. Contact the office if interested in joining the group going. The cost is $95.
- If you or someone you know is interested in being the Office Manager of Leidy’s Church, please contact email@example.com.
- Wednesday Central is returning April 12th. Please sign up in the office or at leidyschurch.org/Wednesday.
- Spiritual Depression book discussion will be held today at 3:00 in Rm. 123.
- With joy we welcome Kevin Noyes back to Leidy’s Church. Kevin and his wife Maria work with DiscipleMakers on the campus of Gettysburg College as well as with students at the Penn State York campus. They have a vital ministry reaching college students with the gospel and helping them grow in following Jesus faithfully.
- Do you have April 22nd marked on your calendar? If not, do so now. That is the date of the SLMT Mission Auction. Doors open at 4pm and food will begin to be served at 4:30. There will be silent auction tables as well as the live auction that starts at 6:30. See the April Newsletter for more details.
- The OASIS lunch happens this Thursday and begins at 11:30 a.m. Make sure to sign-up on the sheet that is on the wall across from the office. We need an accurate number for meal planning.
- Our Rummage Room is bursting at the seams! Please hold your items until the week of the sale which is May 8th. Thank you.
- Ladies of Leidy’s is sponsoring a Ladies Tea on Saturday, May 6th, beginning at 11:00. Invitations for the Tea can be found on the display table in the narthex.
- The flowers are given by Delton and Laurie Plank in loving memory of their parents, and in honor of their grandchildren.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
- Brian Lefty
- Donna Frueh
- Janice Kulp
- Janie Inyang
- John Schilling
- Karen Focht
- Marj Talbot
- Roger Jones
- Sandy Derr
- Sherman Focht
- Tim Cressman
- Terry Leidy
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- It is difficult to see the wicked flourish and be unmoved by it. The Erukula people in India are one of the untouchable castes. They are looked down on by those around them. Often the immoral character of those who are above them in terms of caste, or, who are corrupt in some official capacity at the expense of the Erukula, can cause Erukula folk to question the fairness of life. To see the immoral and corrupt flourishing is hard to bear. It makes one wonder if life is worth it at all. A verse we might use in prayer for the Erukula in this regard is Psalm 119:92. If Your law had not been my delight, Then I would have perished in my affliction. For Erukula believers, and all believers really, it is one’s joy in God’s word and law that allows him not to perish with envy or hatred or loathing, but to know and trust that God’s law will prevail in the end.
- This week let’s pray for the Sahel region of North Africa. There are eight countries in that region, including Chad and Niger. It includes the Sahara Desert in the north and transitions to plains and grassland in the south. Throughout the region there are frequent shortages of food and water. These shortages are keenly felt and exacerbated by an increasing population. Niger has the world’s highest fertility rate with a median age of 14-15 years of age. Across the region more than a million children are at risk of severe malnutrition. Jihadist insurgent groups, including Boko Haram, are active and millions of families have been displaced from their homes. There are an estimated 592 Unreached People Groups in the area. Give thanks to God for the courageous and faithful disciples working with Global Disciples who are sharing the gospel of Jesus and seeing tremendous fruit despite enormous challenges and dangers. May the Holy Spirit provide open doors for their ministry. “A vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man standing and appealing to him and saying, “Come over and help us. . . . [we] concluded that God had called us to preach the gospel to them. [Acts 16:9-10]
- April 2: Palm Sunday
- April 9: Easter Sunday
- April 22: SLMT Auction
- April 29 & 30: God Squad Performance
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org