- Vacation Bible School: God is a good God and great designer! Kids K-5th Grade come to VBS June 20-24. See Pastor Michael or the welcome desk for more info.
- Plans continue to start a Classical Christian School at Leidy’s Church. Get further information from the church office.
- Adult Classes: Issues & Answers – Makers of the Modern Revolution: Fellowship Hall; Pastor Steve’s Bible Class: Gospel of John: Rm. 211; Young Adults – Spiritual Gifts: Rm. 111; Women’s Sunday School – Rm. 125
- Food, Fellowship, Family Fun - Leidy’s Church is hosting a meal and concert June 9th. Indelible Grace will provide the music which will start at 7pm. Dinner will precede the concert, and childcare will be provided. Reserve your spot at org/igrace.
- Ladies and Mothers come together for a night off. The men will watch the kids on Friday, June 10t from 6:30-9:00 at church. Enjoy fellowship or just some peace and quiet.
- Summer Vacation Reading: We will be reading Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges so that we may grow in Christlikeness, even at the beach. Cost is $12.00 Please contact the office.
- The flowers today are placed by Glory Griffith in honor of those who died in the defense of their country.
- Life Turning Point in Philadelphia is in need of childcare. The mothers at LTP have program classes Tuesday and Wednesday evenings (7:30pm-8:30pm) every week June, July, and August. Each session will require a minimum of 2 adults for 9-20 children of varying ages. See the June Newsletter for more details.
- Confirmation Sunday happens next Sunday. There will be a luncheon after the service to celebrate our confirmands. You can find a registration form in your mailbox or on the Welcome Desk. Please fill it out and return to the church office or to the box on the Welcome Desk. Everyone is invited to attend.
- The American Legion Color Guard will be at the Leidy’s Cemetery tomorrow around 8:15 a.m. for anyone who would like to be present. There will be a Color Guard salute, taps, and a prayer.
- SLMT ’22 DATES have been established. The week of July 25-29 and the week of August 15-19 we plan to have teams working at Life Turning Point Philly. Details may be found in the June Newsletter. Sign-up sheets are on the narthex wall. Sign up for the week that fits your summer schedule, or, sign up for both weeks. These will be work teams, not VBS teams.
- The Mission Committee thanks all who contributed to the two special offerings this month. Over $2,000 was raised to help moms in need through the ministry of Life Turning Point Philadelphia. Over $5,000 was raised to send to Ukraine to help hurting people in that war-torn country. In each ministry the goodness and truth of Christ Jesus will accompany the gifts of help given. Thank you, for your generosity.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- The basic truth of biblical revelation is that God is good. As Psalm 103:8 puts it: The Lord is gracious and compassionate, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. A major part of that lovingkindness is His teaching us to walk in His ways. We need to give up our ways, our opinions, and the traditions of men so that our lives are marked by faithfulness to His Word. The 12 Church Planters working among the Erukula people need such work in their souls as they do ministry, and they need that same work in the souls of those with who interact. Let’s pray Psalm 119:124 will be shaping their character as they work among the Erukula. Here’s what it says: Deal with Your servant according to Your lovingkindness, And teach me Your statutes. May they each experience this verse.
- As we pray for church and Christians in Chad and Niger who are working with Global Disciples to take the Gospel to unreached people, we should pray for the unreached people as well as those going to them to share the good news of Jesus. Pray for the Lord to prepare the hearts of those unreached people. (John 1:23) Circumstances and crises, personal needs, even dreams and visions, can open hearts and minds to the need of the Savior. Ask the Lord to use any and all means to prepare people for the Good News. We should pray that for our spheres of influence as well, that the Good News may be shared by us as well as by the Christians in Chad and Niger.
Birthdays & Anniversaries
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wendy Murphy 2n; Sarah Kulp, Evelyn Niederhaus, Jacqui Shafer 3; Elijah Smith 4t; John Greene, Jim Smedberg, John Vasey 6; Rose Hicks 7t; John Caserta, Hazel Krier 8.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! George and Donna Frueh 2n; Jack and Karen Parry 3; Nathan and Bekah Kulp 4t; Steve and Joy Myers 5; Matt and Cathy Connor 7; Stan and Judy Ott, Bob and Janice Peterman 8t.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org