- Wednesday Central has started. Come, learn about the gospel and how this word of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection give us hope in the world. The meal starts at 5:45. The study begins at 6:30. Please register online at leidyschurch.org/Wednesday.
- Our sincere Christian sympathy to Joy Myers and family at the death of her father, Dean. May God be with them at this difficult time.
- Who needs to hear the gospel? EVERYONE! Bring the people in your life who need to hear about Jesus to our newHope Explored Class which started last Monday. We meet at 7:45 at the Broad Street Grind. Join us for a conversation about the hope we have in Christ.
- Pastor Jeff Pike’s installation this evening at 6 p.m. Join us for this service on World Communion Sunday. The Lord’s Supper will be served with international cuisine to follow.
- The search committee for a pastor for youth and children has made great progress with a candidate. Please pray for continued wisdom.
- An opportunity to be baptized next Sunday. If you have not been baptized but would like to, please speak with one of the pastors asap.
- The Rummage Sale is next week! Mary Beth Musselman will be in the narthex to help you sign-up for a time slot to work anytime during the set-up, or during the actual sale, Wednesday and Thursday. We especially need help Thursday evening starting at 6:00 for pack-up.
- Update from Eswatini will happen in the Issues & Answers class next Sunday. Mick and Cathy Sander, missionaries to eSwatini, will be with us and have a full update on what the Lord is doing in and through them.
- Prayer Cards – There are still many payer cards available. We want all of our children to be prayed for.
- Ladies of Leidy’s is Tuesday night in Room 123 at 7 pm. Besides our monthly business meeting to discuss the upcoming Rummage Sale, Christmas Bazaar, and Advent Workshop, we will also have a game called “pocketbook scavenger hunt”. So bring your pocketbooks and join the fun. All ladies are welcome.
- Only 12 more weeks until Christmas and even less until the Leidy’s Church Christmas Bazaar! The bazaar will be held on Saturday, Nov. 19th from 9-2. If you’d like to reserve a table, see Donna Frueh or the church office A.S.A.P. Space is limited, so don’t procrastinate! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Seniors’ Fall Feast happens this Thursday from 11:30 to 1:30 in the Fellowship Hall. Sign-up on the sheet in the narthex.
- The flowers are placed by Mary Walbrandt in loving memory of Bill and Jim.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Regeneration is the transformation of one’s soul. The transfer from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light brings with it a transfer of affections. What was previously sought is now regarded as of no regard; what was previously ignored is now the ardent desire of the soul. This week as we pray for the work of God among the Erukula people, let’s use Psalm 119:20 as our point of insight: My soul is crushed with longing After Your ordinances at all times. May they experience the deep longing of the soul for more of the Word of God and may they take steps to get it. This is a good “crushing” and good “longing.” It is one of the markers of the people of God. Hence, as always, as we pray for the Lord’s work among the Erukula people, so we pray for the same work among us!
- Pray for the Directors’ Training course that is taking place in Mali this week. Among the facilitators for the Training are leaders from Chad and Niger. This conference will train men in preparing others to share the gospel with unreached people groups. Hence, the attendees will go back to their respective home bases and train 10 to 15 men on how to reach out to the least-reached people in their country. Pray for good communication and for hearts and minds to be set aflame for sharing the Gospel and teaching others to do the same. That is to say, pray for the Holy Spirit to do a mighty work in each person at the conference: leaders, teachers, students, and folk who just happen to be hanging around! This conference sounds like something Pastor Tony would devise. Finally, brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord will spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you; and that we will be rescued from perverse and evil men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. [2 Thess. 3:1-3]
- OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD is underway. Empty shoeboxes are located in the narthex just below the Missionary Picture wall. Just pick up a box from the table, follow the directions on the info in the box, fill the box, and bring it back to church no later than November 6th. These boxes will find their way to children throughout the world and bring a special Christmas message about the love of God and the saving work of Jesus, the Babe of Bethlehem. See the October Newsletter for more details.
- THE GETTYSBERG EXPRESS is warming up its motor. There is a possibility it will go on the IRL (Injured Reserve List), but maybe not. If not, tours of the Gettysburg battlefield will be offered during October and November. One tour is the standard introductory tour that covers all three days of the battle. It’s a very good tour, an excellent introduction to the key battle of the Civil War. A focused tour for those who have done the intro tour also will be offered. It will focus on the actions of the Union Army’s Second Corps. Cost of each tour for each participant is $125. The profits will go to the SLMT fund. To register, contact the church office or John Niederhaus (215-720-0456/ email@example.com).
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org