- Join us for an August Prayer meeting this Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m.
- Prayer Card Sunday is September 18t. Parents, we need a picture of your cute and adorable children. Please email the photos of your children to the office by
- August 28th (please note the date change) is Sunday in the Shade. Join us for worship as we marvel at the Lord’s wonderful creation! Check the sign-up sheet in the narthex to see where you would be able to help.
- Ladies of Leidy’s Fellowship & Craft Event. Join us this Saturday at 9am. Samples and a sign-up sheet are on the table outside the Fellowship Hall. Join us for some indoor summer fun. Light breakfast fare will be provided.
- Summer Reading: We have read Respectable Sins. On Sunday, August 21s at 4:00, there will be a discussion on the book. Come and let us think together about how we can follow Jesus more closely.
- New Precept Study begins September 8 at 9 am. Join us for an in-depth study of 1 Thessalonians. This semester, learn the principles of exemplary Christian living and how to be a light in a dark world. Class meets in Rm. 118. Workbook $16.00/Contact Verna 215-237-1370.
- Every Sunday is a guest Sunday at Leidy’s Church. September 11, 18, & 25 are three services set aside specifically to welcome friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to the gospel of Christ and our church family. Start thinking now about who you will bring.
- Hope springs eternal. The Next Hope Explored is starting September 26 at the Broad Street Grind. Come and hear of the hope we have in Christ. Bring those who need to hear the gospel and the new life it brings.
- SLMT work week two is slated for August 15-19. There is still plenty of room for volunteer workers. Construction skills will be most welcome during this week. If you can only work a day or two days or three days, that’s fine too. Speak with Brian Radcliff for more details. The sign-up sheet is still posted in the narthex.
- Liberty Ministries is thinking ahead to Christmas and is looking for people to decorate cards to be included in the bags distributed to incarcerated men and women in our local prisons. Contact the church office and we can provide you with a stack of cards to decorate. They would like to have them by September 14th.
- The flowers are placed in loving memory of Brandon by Gerald, Sherry, Blaine, Nicole, Tyler, Liam, Cooper, and Annalee Moyer.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Don’t put off til tomorrow what you can do today. That is a familiar common-sense bit of advice. It also is good advice for followers of Jesus, folk like the Erukula believers in India and the folk who are members of Leidy’s Church. You’ll find this hard to believe, but that common-sense bit of advice is a good summary of Psalm 119:60. I hastened and did not delay to keep Your commandments. For the Erukula people, as well as for us, it is not unusual for the commandments of God to run contrary to the accepted rules of behavior and speech of contemporary society. The question becomes: Whom will I serve? Let’s pray for the Erukula believers and for us that each one will not delay in putting the rule of God into effect in each one’s individual life.
- The Global Disciples Directors Training in Chad continues through Wednesday of this week. We may pray that good fellowship will be experienced as well as fruitful and faithful and applicable teaching. May there be soul-satisfying and God-glorifying worship that takes place. May the Lord give vision and purpose to those in attendance. Also, we need to pray for their travels back home. Travels can be difficult and dangerous. Give thanks to God for those eager to be trained in how to serve Him in reaching into the darkness with Light. After this the Lord appointed 70 others and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come. And He said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into His harvest. [Luke 10:1-2]
Birthdays & Anniversaries
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Harold Holloway, Kathy Moyer, Susan Merritt 12th; Tom Leidy, T. Dale Leidy 13t; Stewart Kendall, Matt McVaugh 14; Frank Allebach, Wanda Brunner, Liberty McClaskey, Bonnie Smith 15t; Justin Gregory 16; Jim Pluda 17t.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Samuel & Sarah Im 11t; Brian & Jenny Lafty 12.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org