- Christmas Concert tonight at 7:30. Join us as we magnify the mighty work of God in redemption through the medium of song.
- Christmas Eve Services on December 24th at 6:00 and communion at 11 p.m.
- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- This morning we are receiving new members. Make sure to welcome them into our fellowship.
- We celebrate God’s faithfulness in 2022. We are excited about 2023. January 15 is going to be Vision Sunday. Come and join us.
- Wednesday Central is starting January 11. Please register at leidyschurch.org/Wednesday.
- Help is Needed: Wednesday Central Kitchen Committee is in need of another “Co-lead”. Would help with planning meals for the semester ahead of time as well as prep and service on Wednesday nights. Talk with either Tony Kapusta or Wendy Radcliff if interested.
- Thank you from Pastor Steve and Joy for the wonderful luncheon and for the cards and gifts given on their behalf.
- If you are the treasurer of an organization within the church, your financial information should be turned into the office by Dec. 30th.
- Offering envelopes for 2023 will be in boxes by next Sunday. If you are not a member, but would like envelopes please contact the church office.
- Those who are part of the SLMT-Puerto Rico mission effort are in the process of raising support in terms of dollars and in terms of prayer partners. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
- Want to see a good movie? Now showing at the Broad Street Theater is I Heard the Bells, the first movie production from Sight & Sound. It details how Henry Wadsworth Longfellow came to pen the Christmas hymn I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.
- The chancel flowers are placed by John and Elaine Greene in honor of their wedding anniversary.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
Janie Inyang Tim Cressman Marj Talbot
Bonnie Doran Dianne Nase Janice Kulp
Sherman Focht. Karen Focht
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- During Advent season the entire Church throughout the world celebrates the coming of the Lord Jesus. That’s true in India as well as other places. Among the Erukula people who have come to faith in Christ, 2022 is a year of outreach with joy as they share how Christ has come to them. A good verse to use in praying for Erukula Christians this week, therefore, is Psalm 119:132 which says: Turn to me and be gracious to me, After Your manner with those who love Your name. May the Lord turn toward His Erukulan disciples and give them grace to share with other Erukulan folk the love, joy, hope, and peace they have in Christ. As He turned to them in salvation, may He turn to them and bless them in sharing their faith.
- This is Christmas season for believers in Chad and Niger even though they cannot give much public display of their joy. Yet, their worship gatherings are marked by a joyous enthusiasm that tells of the great work the Holy Spirit has done among them. They are eager to share the Good News of Christmas with unreached people groups in their countries. Pray for guidance in choosing the venues to do such sharing and for fruitfulness in their outreach. There continues to be a need for leaders to be raised up to lead training sessions. Also, pray that various church gatherings will be able to work together harmoniously in the common task of outreach. Thanks for your faithfulness in remembering to support by prayer these believers in lands far different from ours.
- December 24: Carols by Candlelight @6pm, Communion Service @11pm
- January 14: Congregational Dinner
- January 21: Chili Cook Off
- February 10: Night to Shine
- April 22, 2023: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org