- Knowing More; whether a mature Christian or an interested believer, come and join us for Discipleship Explored, a conversational study of God Tuesday, the 12th it begins at 7:45 in the Youth Room. Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
- Plans continue to start a Classical Christian School at Leidy’s Church. Get further information from the church office.
- Congratulations to August and Sunhwa Niederhaus on the birth of a daughter, Bria Ruth Yunseo, and to Ben and Adelaide Weber at the birth of a son, Jacob Stanley John. May God be with these families as they grow in Him.
- There will be a Fellowship Luncheon on July 10th after the worship service. All are welcome to attend.
- Want to join Leidy’s Church? An Inquirer’s Class beginning next Sunday during Sunday School is the perfect place to start. Come and join us as we Explore Partnership as Christians in the ministry of the church near and far.
- Ladies Night to Connect - Friday, July 15 at 7pm in the Youth Room. All ladies are welcome to join as we get together to eat some glorious treats and just talk. Ladies of Leidy's is hosting, but there won’t be a program - we just want to create space to connect! So if you're a lady and you go to Leidy's, join us! You can bring something to share or just bring yourself!
- There will be a joint Spiritual Council and Consistory meeting this Thursday evening at 7:00.
- Get to WORK! The 2022 SLMT project and dates are set. July 25-29 and August 15-19 will be work weeks with Life Turning Point in Philly. Signup for these work teams in the narthex.
- Are you ready for some baseball? Leidy’s Church is headed to the IronPigs vs. Wilkes-Barre Railriders on Saturday, July 23r. Game time is 6:35. There will be someone in the narthex for you to sign-up to purchase your ticket.
- The flowers today are given by Michael and Sarah Nowling in honor of their wedding anniversary.
- Genie Smedberg’s mom, Immogene Rhinehart, turned 100 on July 2nd. Notes of congratulations would be a blessing to her and could be placed in Jim and Genie’s narthex mailbox for delivery.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Life is filled with unpleasant surprises. This is as true in India among the Erukula people as it is with us in the U.S. Sometimes the unpleasant surprises are bodily maladies, sometimes relational ruptures, sometimes in cultural opposition, and in many other ways. How God’s people respond to those unpleasant surprises should be marked by the spirit shown in Psalm 119:143. Trouble and anguish have come upon me, Yet Your commandments are my delight. Disciples of the Lord Jesus have resources which allow them to persevere under the most unpleasant of surprises. Those resources are the Holy Spirit and God’s Word. They cause the inner man to delight even when it is tough on the outside. Let’s pray such will be the case for the Erukula Christians and the 12 Church Planters working among them.
- From Global Disciples, a specific prayer request: Pray for S.H. who has been newly appointed to give leadership to the French speaking West Africa region. S.H. gave his life to the Lord in 1999 and is also a pastor living in Chad. He and his wife are blessed with five children. Pray for wisdom and strength as he gives leadership to rapidly growing missions in Chad, Niger, Togo, and Burkina Faso. Pray the Lord will open doors for mission in other French speaking neighboring countries where sharing the Gospel is dangerous and where ministry takes place underground. “Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will boldly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it fearlessly, as I should.” [Eph. 6:19-20]
Birthdays & Anniversaries
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Rose Jaunzemis 7t; Ellen Pavie, Elein Yagilnicky 8; Marge Bivighouse, Lois Ruth, Brooks Vogelzang 10t; Sandy Nase, Karen Sciacca 1; Joan Thomas 12t; Jayne Lafty 13.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Terry and Darlene Leidy, Skip and Donna Smith 7t; Josh and Laura Heebner 10; Glen and Rachel Tyson 13t.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org