1. If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
2. We welcome Nate Sims to our pulpit today. Nate is one of the missionaries we support. He labors in that thorny field of college evangelism. Along with his wife Virginia and their 3 kids, he lives in the Quakertown area.
3. Announcement: Due to the recent resignations of five men that were serving on Consistory, the Consistory and Spiritual Council have appointed four elders to carry out the remainder of four of their terms. They are:
- Francis Weiss (2025)
- Ken Merritt (2025)
- Bob Ott (2024)
- Jerry Kulp (2024)
Additionally, there are currently two vacant seats on Consistory due to the unexpired terms of those who resigned (one term ends at the end of 2023 and the other at the end of 2024). Therefore, a short congregational meeting is being held on May 7th, immediately following the worship service. The purpose of the meeting is to nominate two men to serve as deacons on Consistory. Consistory will be meeting on May 3rd to decide on the two individuals they will nominate. Congregants who would like to suggest an individual(s) for Consistory to consider should submit the names of those individuals to a member of Consistory or the church office no later than May 2nd.
4. As you partner with us in the work of the Kingdom, please place your gifts and offerings in the Get Connected pillars.
5. If you or someone you know is interested in being the Office Manager of Leidy’s Church, please contact email@example.com.
6. Learn the art of conversations that lead to the gospel. A Cojourners Conference featuring Nate Sims will be at East Swamp Church on Monday evening, April 24th, from 6:30 to 8:30. The conference is free. Go to CoJourner Gospel-Centered Conversation Training – East Swamp Church (churchcenter.com) to register.
7. The BMCE Professional Breakfast takes place on Thursday, May 11th. It begins at 6:30 at the Franconia Heritage Banquet facility. Julie Henning is the speaker. Tickets are $17 and are available from the church office, Jack Parry, or John Niederhaus.
8. There will be a congregational meeting today after the worship service.
9. The SLMT Auction is history. A huge thanks to the Auction Committee: Jacqui Shafer, Ron and Kathy Moyer, Mary Beth Musselman, Denise Kulp, and Darlene Leidy. Of course, our thanks also to all the cooks and bakers and tellers and others, but especially the BIDDERS and BUYERS! All monies raised will be used for SLMT endeavors. Thank you!
10. Global Disciples Breakfast on Thursday, April 27th at the Franconia Heritage Banquet Center. It begins at 6:30 and features Galen Burkholder the President of Global Disciples. There is no cost for the breakfast. It will feature inspiring accounts about reaching least-reached people with hope, love, and the Good News of Jesus. And discover ways to be part of equipping people to reach their nations.
11. Flowers are placed by Helen Hahn in loving memory of husband Carl, and grandson Zachery Doran.
Please pray for those within our church family.
† Growth in the truth of the Scriptures is desirable for all of us, whether we live in India like the Erukula people, or live in the United States. As our time of direct connection with Erukula people winds down [it ends at the end of April], we should pray that God would grace them with vision to see how His Word applies to every area of life. Psalm 119:96 is a good verse to help us in that regard: I have seen a limit to all perfection; Your commandment is exceedingly broad. All the wonders that man can do, from the microchip to the electric generator to the wonderful invention of the wheel cannot compare to the applicability of the Bible to all areas of life. As one grows in the Lord, one sees how marvelously broad all the applications of God’s Word are. May it be so with the Erukula people and with Leidy’s Church people.
† Tragedy often brings opportunities. The fierce fighting in Sudan has led to many Sudanese fleeing to Chad. At first it was mostly women and children, but now entire families are fleeing the fighting. They come with all their belongings on their back and, if they’re fortunate, dragging a mattress. Some of the Christians we support through Global Disciples will be working among these refugees to bring material and spiritual aid. Pray for them to provide real help and for some open doors for the gospel. Pray also for the Indian Valley Global Disciples Breakfast this Thursday, at 6:30am at Franconia Heritage Restaurant, that many new partners will join in the mission to reach the least reached. Global Disciples thanks Immanuel Leidy’s Church for sponsoring this event! Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org