- Our sincere Christian sympathy to the family and friends of Harold Holloway who died last week, and to Gerald Moyer and family at the death of his father, Norman. May God be with them at this time.
- Wednesday Central sign ups are open. This is going to be great, so reserve your spot now as we seek to build one another up in Christ our Redeemer. Visit leidyschurch.org/Wednesday to learn more & sign up.
- Prayer Card Sunday is September 18t. Parents, we need a picture of your cute and adorable children. Please email the photos of your children to the office.
- Choir Time: If you’re interested in participating in the joyful song, or just want to know what choir is all about, please join our first practice in the Choir Room at 8:00, Wednesday, September 14. Hope to see you then.
- Grace Notes Choir will be starting up again on Sept 14t. We will meet in the Sanctuary from 5:00-5:45 so we’ll be done in time for dinner! All kids grades 1-5 are welcome to join us! See Donna Frueh (email@example.com) for more info.
- New Precept Study begins September 8 at 9 am. Join us for an in-depth study of 1 Thessalonians. This semester, learn the principles of exemplary Christian living and how to be a light in a dark world. Class meets in Rm. 118. Workbook $16.00/Contact Verna 215-237-1370.
- Every Sunday is a guest Sunday at Leidy’s Church. September 11, 18, & 25 are three services set aside specifically to welcome friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to the gospel of Christ and our church family. Start thinking now about who you will bring.
- Ladies of Leidy’s meets on Tuesday, September 6t at 7:00 in Rm. 123. We will hear Emma Coale and Lorraine Reich share about their trip to Puerto Rico. All ladies are welcome.
- Women’s Sunday School Class - Scripture Women begins September 18th. In this 10-session study we will take a deeper look into the lives of ten women and how their story relates to ours today. Come out every Sunday or whenever you can drop in!
- For the Ladies – A group plans to travel to Williamstown, Kentucky in March 2023 to participate in the Answers for Women Conference (March 30-April 1). The Conference fee is $119 if booked before September 30th. Travel and housing expenses will be additional and will depend on how many attend. If you are interested, sign up on the sheet posted in the narthex or contact the church office. For more info go to AnswersForWomen.org.
- Men’s Bible Study this Friday beginning at 5:30 a.m. in the Youth Room.
- The flowers are placed by Stan and LaRue Friday in thankfulness to God for Stan turning 100, and for their 16twedding anniversary.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- God is multiplying believers among the Erukula people. It is happening the way it always happens: person-to-person conversations. As Erukula individuals experience regeneration through the grace of the Lord Jesus, their lives change, their countenance changes, their attitudes change, and the words coming from their mouths change. They tell others what Jesus has done in them. As we pray for the Erukula people this week, let us use Psalm 119:13 as a focus: With my lips I have told of All the ordinances of Your mouth. A couple of things to note: 1) it is understood that God has spoken in the giving of His ordinances; and 2) the believer also speaks, using his mouth to witness to what God has declared and done. May the Erukula believers (and Leidy’s Church believers) continue in this godly and fruitful practice.
- Pray for S.H., the newly appointed Regional Coordinator with Global Disciples for French-speaking West Africa. He is married. S.H. and his wife have five children. They live in Chad. The region he will serve includes Chad, Niger, Burkina Faso, and Mali. It is a region torn with violence and tribal warfare. He will be organizing and leading Director Trainings in those countries in coming months. Pray protections for S.H. and his family as he takes the message of Jesus throughout this region which is known for its bursts of violence and persecution. “The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” Psalm 121:8
Birthdays & Anniversaries
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Gus Niederhaus September 1s; LeRoy Gehman 2; Todd Smith 7.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Earl and Rose Jaunzemis September 4th; Brent and Marjorie Talbot 5t; Steve and Debbie Bandura 7.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org