- There is a prayer meeting on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- The Mission’s Committee is investigating the possibility of a trip to Pikangikum. Please contact Vangie or John Niederhaus if you are interested.
- Be prepared! Be generous! Be a partner! Those who are part of the SLMT-Puerto Rico mission effort are in the process of raising support in terms of dollars and in terms of prayer partners. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
- Thank you to everyone who put out a sign for the Craft Show. If you haven’t already, please return the sign to the church office so we can use them again next year!
- SonShine Players is looking to add another staff member while Mrs. Frueh gets a new knee. Please contact Donna Frueh for details.
- The chancel flowers are placed by Bonnie Pross in loving memory of Les Pross as he is spending his Christmas with Jesus this year.
- Christmas Brass Concert tonight at 7:30. Join us as we celebrate the coming of the King.
- Nine Lessons & Carols by Candlelight on December 11th at 6:00. Invite family and friends to come to this special musical and hear of the meaning of Christmas.
- Christmas Caroling takes place Dec. 18. You can register online or by completing the form at the Welcome Desk. Join in spreading Christmas cheer!
- Christmas Concert on December 18th at 7:30. Join us as we magnify the mighty work of God in redemption through the medium of song.
- Christmas Eve Services on December 24th at 6:00 and communion at 11 p.m.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
Janie Inyang Tim Cressman Marj Talbot
Bonnie Doran Dianne Nase Janice Kulp
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- The Bible contains hard truths. Those truths can be difficult for Christians to receive and appreciate. Such is the case especially for new Christians. As the literacy program continues among the Erukula people, there are individuals who are being saved. As we pray for them and the other Erukula Christians, it would not be inappropriate on occasion to pray Psalm 119:71 for them. It is good for me that I was afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. As they experience hard truths in terms of their beliefs and in terms of their daily lives, may God guide them into the truth of this verse. It is a hard truth we all need to experience and learn.
- Pray for Program Directors in Chad. In the last few months, three Program Directors in Chad have died. Pray for protection, health, and physical and spiritual safety for leaders and their families. Life expectancy in Chad is only 54.5 years due to high levels of malnutrition, malaria, disease, and lack of medical care. Pray that God will raise up more leaders who can lead trainings and carry the gospel to the least-reached areas of Chad and the neighboring countries. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. [Psalm 91:5-7]
- December 18: Christmas Concert @7:30pm
- December 24: Carols by Candlelight @6pm, Communion Service @11pm
- January 14: Congregational Dinner
- February 10: Night to Shine
- April 22, 2023: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org