- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- We celebrate God’s faithfulness in 2022. We are excited about 2023. Next Sunday, January 15 is Vision Sunday. Come and join us.
- Wednesday Central and iBlast begin this Wednesday. Please register at leidyschurch.org/Wednesday.
- The Congregational Dinner takes place this Saturday. You can sign up via the web site, there are also slips and a basket on the desk. At this meeting a budget will be adopted for 2023.
- Those who are part of the SLMT-Puerto Rico mission effort are in the process of raising support in terms of dollars and in terms of prayer partners. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
- As part of the Night to Shine event we have scheduled in February, we will be hosting a free “shopping” event on January 13th and 14th (that’s next week!) in our gym where guests can browse a selection of attire and choose something special to wear to the prom. Help is needed to set up the gym on Thursday 1/12 between the hours of 9 to 4. If you can help or have questions, speak with Denise Kulp or contact the church office. Also if you have any formal dresses or men’s jackets/slacks/shirts in all sizes in like-new condition, we are happy to accept any donations by Thursday the 12th.
- Women’s Sunday School Class has begun for those in need of a time of reflection and renewal. Please join us for the next eight weeks in Selected Psalms in Rm. 125.
- A new Precept Class has begun and meets on Thursday from 9-11:30 in Rm. 123. Come join us for 2 Thessalonians. The Thessalonians were confused about the end times until they received this letter from Paul. Contact Verna 215-237-1370. Workbooks are $10, no need to have taken 1 Thessalonians to attend.
- The flowers are placed by the VanDerbeek and Inyang families in loving memory of Billy, David, and Isaac.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
Janie Inyang Tim Cressman Marj Talbot
Bonnie Doran Dianne Nase Janice Kulp
Sherman Focht Karen Focht Jim Pluda
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Challenges are part of the normal Christian life. Challenges may come in the form of debilitating illnesses, strident opposition to the Gospel, events that seem to contradict the goodness of God, relational conflicts that seem unresolvable, the rise and spread of ungodliness in society, as well as multiple other factors. When such is the case, and the individual Christian is at loss of how to respond, then is when the Christian must seek shelter under the wings of God, as it were. As we pray for the Erukula people and the movement of God among them, we should pray for those who are Christians and face such challenges. Psalm 119:114 provides us some insight: You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Your word. When Christians have no answers, then is when we need to hide in God and wait for His word to come comfort and clarify. May all Christians learn the secret of God’s hiding place.
- Praise the Lord that the mission is expanding rapidly among the French-speaking countries of west Africa. Four new Global Disciples staff members are scheduled to be brought on board soon. Such will be the case with Burkina Faso, Togo, Mali, and Chad. These leaders will give training and oversight to the programs run by clusters of churches in their respective regions. This is an answer to prayers we’ve recently raised asking for leaders to be raised up in Chad. We should continue to pray for the Holy Spirit to work in each of these new leaders as they assume responsibilities among the Christians in their lands. May He grant them wisdom and joy in carrying out their duties. After this, the Lord appointed 72 others and sent them 2-by-2 ahead of Him to every town and place where He was about to go. He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field. Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.” [Luke 10:1-3]
- January 21: Chili Cook Off
- February 10: Night to Shine
- April 22, 2023: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org