- Following the service today you will have an opportunity to congratulate/encourage our 2022 Confirmation Class as they begin a life of Christian discipleship. This year’s confirmands are:
- Caleb DiLenge
- Quinn Mahoney
- Kathryn DiLenge
- Brad Peck
- Ben Divens
- Clinton Radcliff
- Cameron Gillis
- Jaedyn Rittenhouse
- Allison Hall
- Elijah Smith
- Anna Heebner
- Food, Fellowship, Family Fun - Leidy’s Church is hosting a meal and concert this Thursday. Indelible Grace will provide the music which will start at 7pm. Dinner will precede the concert, and childcare will be provided. Reserve your spot at org/igrace.
- Knowing More; whether a mature Christian or an interested believer come and join us for Discipleship Explored, a 4-week conversational study of God. It starts June 14th at 7:45 in the Youth Room. Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
- Ladies and Mothers come together for a night off. The men will watch the kids this Friday from 6:30-9:00 at church. Enjoy fellowship or just some peace and quiet.
- Vacation Bible School: God is a good God and great designer! Kids K-5th Grade come to VBS June 20-24. See Pastor Michael or the welcome desk for more info.
- Adult Classes: Issues & Answers – Makers of the Modern Revolution: Fellowship Hall; Pastor Steve’s Bible Class: Gospel of John: Rm. 211; Young Adults – Spiritual Gifts: Rm. 111; Women’s Sunday School – Rm. 125
- Plans continue to start a Classical Christian School at Leidy’s Church. Get further information from the church office.
- Life Turning Point in Philadelphia is in need of childcare help every Tuesday and Wednesday (7:30-8:30), every week through August. See the June Newsletter for more details.
- Want to join Leidy’s Church? An Inquirer’s Class beginning on July 10th during Sunday School is the perfect place to start. Come and join us as we Explore Partnership as Christians in the ministry of the church near and far.
- Summer Vacation Reading: We will be reading Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges so that we may grow in Christlikeness, even at the beach. Cost is $12.00 Please contact the office.
- Get to WORK! The 2022 SLMT project and dates are set. July 25-29 and August 15-19 will be work weeks with Life Turning Point in Philly. Signup for these work teams in the Narthex.
- The flowers today are given by Diane, Chuck, Ben, Bryan and Kevin Weber in loving memory of Matthew and Jonathan.
- Pearl Walter wishes to say “thanks so much” for all the cards and encouragement. She feels truly, truly blessed to be part of the Leidy’s Church family.
- The Women’s Sunday School class will continue to meet through the summer months to offer sessions on how to go deeper in our prayer life. It’s easy to become distracted and overwhelmed with the many prayer needs within our families and within our world, so join us as we grow and encourage one another in what matters most—prayer.
- When Seasons Change – A ministry to widows in our church and community will resume in September.
- New Life Island Christian kids' camp on the Delaware River in Erwinna, PA has a real need for young Christian counselors for their 7-week program this summer, starting June 19th. Need several young men and at least one young lady, out of high school at least one year. Paid, room and board provided. A great opportunity to be part of a wonderful experience, doing God's work. Call the camp at (610)294-9644, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Church planting is demanding. The 12 Church Planters working among the Erukula people in India are entering the final phases of their labors. Their work is underwritten for one year and they’ve been at it for almost 10 months. Like a runner looking to finish a long-distance race, the Church Planters need endurance and a will to go on despite any weariness they may feel. Hence, a good verse to pray for them at this time would be Psalm 119:13 I opened my mouth wide and panted, For I longed for Your commandments. They will need to trust in the Lord and His Word in order to finish well. So, even if they’re tired and panting, may their longing be for the truth of God’s Word and the desire to continue to communicate to the Erukula people.
- This is Pentecost Sunday, the day when the Holy Spirit was poured out on some 120 followers of Jesus gathered in the Upper Room in Jerusalem. They were baptized in the Spirit, empowered by God, and the result was that 3,000 folk were baptized that day. (Acts. 2:41) The Bible says those 3,000 folk “received” the word preached by Peter. That Word, of course, was the testimony about Jesus. As we pray for Christians in Chad and Niger who are purposefully reaching out to unreached peoples in those lands, may the word they share be “received” by many just as on the Day of Pentecost.
Birthdays & Anniversaries
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Daytona Lepping, Tony Kapusta 9t; Judy Leidy 10; Shirley Kulp 11t; Angela Kinney, Sharon Kostishion, Pat Niederhaus 13.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Dennis and Mary Ellen Gruver 9t; Cameron and Chelsea McDonald, Ron and Kathy Moyer 11; Kevin and Carol Curcio 12; Dave and Adine Doran 14.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org